In the aftermath of the disastrous election results I decided to put my thoughts on paper in an open letter to Kim Dotcom. Kim Dotcom who has taken on the habit of penance for thinking that it was he who lost MANA the elections. I beg to differ. So here goes.
You don’t know me even though you have been following my tweets for a while now. I tried to write some personal messages to you over the last three months to which you choose not to respond but never the less I would like to direct myself to you publically in the aftermath of what is most certainly the most stunning turn of political events in a 125 years of NZ history.
Like you I am a Toa Iwi or a foreignerin this country. I am a 58 year old Dutch women, like you almost 2 meters tall. I have been married to a Kiwi for the last 28 years and still going strong. Like you I ended up here under less than ideal circumstances in the hope of finding peace and safety. And like you I have been a vocal opponent of John Key and I have had 8 years to hone my knowledge and research on the man and I have had to come to the conclusion as far away back as March 2008 already, 8 months before he was elected the first time, that he was a fraudulent scumbag financed and send here by the international financial Mafia currently destroying our global economy and taking us to ever increasing unsustainable wars.
The revelations of Snowden, Greenwald and Amsterdam only served to cement that knowledge and did not surprise me in the least.
Where I differ from you is that since I have been in it for the long haul is in my expectations with regards to the behavior of the Kiwi voting population.
You see over the last 8 years I witnessed three elections (last one included) and every time they followed the same amazing pattern. In the leadup to the elections the dirty politics level on the side of National was ramped up by the mainstream media fed by the likes of Cameron Slater and David Farrar and the National Caucus seemed to become more and more entrenched in their illogical counter intuitive liking of the man of $ 50 million who did everything they so despised if just an inkling of that was shown to happen in say the Labour party.
It wasn’t until and article appeared in the Boston Globe online on July 11, 2010 titled: How facts backfire that I began to understand what was happening. The article details scientific research into why people, confronted with scientific and provable facts, dig their heels in and continue to believe int the fallacies they have been believing in before being presented by the facts contradicting these beliefs. One very hard system to break are political convictions and especially those of the political partisan.
In a series of studies in 2005 and 2006, researchers at the University of Michigan found that when misinformed people, particularly political partisans, were exposed to corrected facts in news stories, they rarely changed their minds. In fact, they often became even more strongly set in their beliefs. Facts, they found, were not curing misinformation. Like an underpowered antibiotic, facts could actually make misinformation even stronger.
I was not disappointed. We now have the third National party government hell bent on destroying the very people who voted for them and there is nothing you or I could have done about that. There is no fixing stupid. No matter how hard you try.
Over the last 8 years I have quietly gone about my business of educating those who want to learn. Not because I necessarily know better but because I after waking up to the bigger picture after having been targeted by some very nasty characters (something I fear you had to too) I was appalled at what I was learning and wanted to share with as many people as possible. If I am not mistaken you wanted to do the same after the way you had been treated by the international copyright mafia with the help of John Key and his minions. I have reached 10 of thousands with hundreds more everyday. Small but persistent. Like a mosquito. That is me.
Yesterday you felt that it was you who had cost Hone Harawira and Mana their seat in Government and I was touched by your impressive Mea Culpa. It was authentic and honest. I also read your tweet in which you expressed your gratitude at having been part of the Mana and internet party experience. Those were the words of an honest and humbled man.
I don’t know if you realize but you did some incredible things here in New Zealand. In fact you may not realize it but in my humble opinion you have only just begun your journey here.
Here are some of the things you have achieved without even thinking about it.
- You worked together with one of the most outspoken Maori activists. A man who has a record of absolute incorruptible love for his people and a need to protect the poor and the vulnerable. Not just Hone but his family, his co-warriors and all of those around the country supporting Hone took you in.
- You became part of what he was trying to achieve and he let you in. I don’t think that had anything to do with your money. I think it had to do with a shared sense of injustice. Sure money makes things easy but that was not what this was about.
- You brought some of the most high profile whistleblowers and journalists in the service of truth to this country and gave thousands of New Zealanders information they needed to hear and with this you gave New Zealand back the election which was stolen from them by the international masters John Key serves. Sure we lost but you planted a seed which will grow and empower and enrage New Zealanders over the years to come and which will give them the tools to fight back. Knowledge is power and I have faith that more and more people will want to know. I know because I have never had so many New Zealanders visit my blog as in the aftermath of this election. In fact I am almost envious because you reached more people in one event than it took me beavering away for the last 8 years but as it is all for a good cause I won’t mull over it too long.
- You, by teaming up with people like Hone Harrawira and John Minto, single handedly scared the shit out of the ruling elite and their status quo and you should not be surprised that this came with a heavy backlash. I think Hone knew and he still wanted to take that chance. He is a big boy and he will be back of this I have no doubt.
The issue is what are you going to do next? I know you have enough on your plate and you have a business to run, software to develop and above all to stay out of the clutches of Virginia but here is what I would do if I was in your place.
- If I estimate correctly you still have a lot of goodwill with people like Hone and Minto and if you really want to show your appreciation of the experience you have been part of here is what Hone really needs:
- He needs help for his people. Not the big ostentatious help but a couple of $ 100 here and there to help tie a school over. A bit of help with getting a kid out of a jam. Getting a young mother into a training course to get her in a job.
- Maybe some computers for a school. You meeting children who want to learn about computers and internet would be great. A little goes a long way if done with honesty.
- Also this country needs you to support the people who want to keep reporting the truth and who want to keep on informing and educating.
In short what you need to do is become a real part of the New Zealands landscape. A regular guy who knows how to do good with his money. Remember how you started out? Those heady days of hacking into the NASA and Pentagon computers. Come on, you being a young German with the US army in your backyard, it wasn’t just fun was it? That was out of anger too.
I have seen you grow up over the last couple of years Kim, nobody goes through what you and your family have gone through over the last few years without damage. I suffer from Complex PTSD as a result of my tribulations and can recognize a fellow sufferer from a mile away. Even if that person isn’t aware they suffer from it. Your need for exposing the truth and for justice not for yourself alone but for all New Zealanders is a dead give away.
It is up to you Kim, But I can recognize a good man when I see one. You did not cause this election to go as bad for us as it did other than that you where trying to be too helpful and to eager to tell the truth. I really hope that you will take my advise and continue what you started. Telling the truth! One day at the time. You will find that all of us out there can really appreciate a fellow traveler and you will find that over the next couple of years as we battle on in this information war you will find friends in the most unexpected places. In fact you do all of the above and I know for a fact that even a lot of those National voters who hate your guts right now will change their minds. Some have over me too.
All my love to you and your family.
A fellow Traveler in truth,