“There but for the grace of God go I” John Bradford
- A recognition that others’ misfortune could be one’s own, if it weren’t for the blessing/kindness/luck bestowed by fate or the Divine.
- Man’s fate is in God‘s hands.
- More generally, our fate is not entirely in our own hands.
- This proverb is an expression of humility; in using it, a speaker acknowledges that outside factors (such as God‘s grace, or his upbringing) have played a role in his success in life.
- The adverbial phrase is often set off with commas: “There, but for the grace of God, go I.” Wiktionary
Hamilton’s City Council brought a huge debt curse over Hamilton city by spending large amounts of rate payers money on Claudelands conference center, a Velodrome (I’m sure nobody even knows what the word means but rest assured it is big, empty and very useful to control citizens in when it all goes to shit, much like the conference center), and other wasteful and unneeded stuff nobody wanted in the first place.
Now they denied a group of people who want to feed people who are homeless and for whom there is no money left their basic human right to express their compassion and love for their fellow human beings. They are denied a permit to do so. the reason?
They wanted to do so in Garden Place because most homeless people live and subsist around the area. It is a derelict shopping area since most shops have moved to te Rapa and most remaining shops are closed around that time.
However, the council declined this to protect the public from any nuisance, protect and maintain public health and safety, and minimise the potential for offensive behaviour in public places.in Garden place
However, the council declined this to protect the public from any nuisance, protect and maintain public health and safety, and minimise the potential for offensive behaviour in public places.
They say they are working with the group to find an alternative but what will that mean? Somewhere invisible, far away from possible witnesses and probably not something homeless and penniless people can get to easy. Absolutely revolting!
Where is the outrage? The hubris of these people is just absolutely hideous!